Friday 10 November 2017

the peace dove

                                             
Yesterday I went with my dog Ollie and my craft supplies to the rest home and hospital for the elderly.
I am visiting every week with Ollie, he is trained as a therapy dog.
 I write about his adventures on my other blog:
Twice a month I teach some art or craft at the hospital or dementia ward, while Ollie keeps an eye on the residents and goes for pats and cuddles. When he gets tired, he disappears under the piano and sleeps.
Decorating with glitter
 This time some of the elderly made paper doves for the Christmas displays.
I prepared the patterns of the doves at home and brought enough glitter, paper doilies, stamps to decorate the doves and then they got cut out and assembled.
 It was lovely to see staff and residents really enjoying the craft activity.
The elderly who couldn't participate were still part by watching us working.

Nearly ready to assemble.

When I got home with a tired Ollie dog and after putting my craft supplies away I picked the first bunch of roses and jasmine out of my garden. Summer is nearly there.

15 comments:

  1. That is such a lovely thing to do! Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great project you made with the old people. Well done to you and Ollie!Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The value of what you are doing is immense. A lovely craft idea and some great stimulation and inspiration. Happy PPF!

    Best wishes,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind comment and visit ❤ I am a dog lover, too!
    Great project and nice art you do.
    Happy PPF and weekend 💕


    ReplyDelete
  5. That is beautiful project with the old people. great the Dog Ollie!
    Happy PPF and Happy weekend Elke

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish I was going into summer again...
    what a kind and loving thing you and Ollie are doing for the elderly. Love your beautiful dove project. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a treasure ~ and so creative ~ blessings to you ^_^

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous dove! Beautiful post, so heartwarming and deeply touching! You and Ollie bring so much beauty and magic and healing in all you do! Shine on! So wonderful to see all of these lovely photos, fabulous! Your bouquet looks amazing, enjoy!
    Happy PPF
    Victoria #23

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can myself as one who would love to have you stop by, pets and crafts! Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a loving gesture to visit and create such a gorgeous peace dove!! What a good souls you and Ollie are!!

    Peace Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's a lovely thing you do with Ollie. I so appreciate your time, my uncle has Alzheimer's and I so appreciate all the people who come in to give of their time and help the elderly have a more joy filled life. Bless you. Visiting From PPF. Oh, my new blog is now live on my new wordpress site (justaddwatersilly.com) and I'm doing a giveaway tomorrow (Sunday). The giveaway will include a DIY Altoids tin with magnetic half pans, pencil & eraser, Hahnemuhle Grey Book toned paper sketchbook, Micron sigma pens, a Grumbacher watercolor brush and a bee magnet! Hope to see you there! (I sure hope you enter and WIN, you deserve it!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is such a good thing that you do. Beautiful dove craft.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty dove! So elegant! Your vase of flowers is stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment