Monday 12 May 2014

Little French table

This little table was bought in a second hand shop and after cleaning and sanding I painted the table white.
Next I used blue paint and mixed it with a little grey for the second colour.
When dry I sanded the table back to reveal the white colour underneath.
Most of the furniture I distress and decorate have three different layers of paint, so my last layer was grey, but I painted crackle medium on first and finished with the grey paint on top.
After the paint was dry I sanded the table and used a waterbase varnish to protect the crackled paint. The image used for the center of the table is from the Graphics Fairy website and I used the modpodge method to transfer the image onto the table.
Full instructions how to transfer images onto furniture are on the Graphics Fairy website,you will find a link to the website on my blog.
 I hand painted the flowers on the sides of the table.
The table is protected with a satin water base varnish.
I took the table to the Shabby Chic market at Beacon Hill and sold it on the market.


2 comments:

  1. Your stall looked absolutely lovely at the Beacon Hill Estate!
    Karin Lummis - Motueka

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Karin and it was lovely market, the next one is in September!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment